Monday, March 07, 2005

Walking Tall

For those of us that not only accept evolution but are interested in it there has been a discovery in Ethiopia that is very exciting. I know, just another hominid, eh? Well this is the oldest bipedal ape found. What makes this really interesting is...

"This skeleton helps us to understand what happened in the joints, how walking upright occurred, what we never had before" stated one of the paleontologists working on the project.

The creature was determined to have been bipedal due to its ankle structure but as the earliest one found it could help provide a significant new frame in the picture show of our development.

2 Comments:

At Mon Mar 07, 01:42:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Robert said...

I would like to turn your arguments in the comment thread of your last post back to you.

"For those of us that not only accept evolution but are interested in it..." My question is simply: why have you seemingly put your scepticism aside for the purpose of "accepting" evolution? Before I'm accused of being a "creationist", note that I have heretofore made no such claim. It just strikes me as inconsistent for you to assent to a theory that has yet to be conclusively proven. Granted, the preponderance of evidence may strongly suggest it's valitidy. I postulate that one relies more heavily upon conjecture to bridge the gaps in the fossil record than one for whom the Bible is supporting evidence for the existence God. ;)

 
At Mon Mar 07, 11:01:00 PM 2005, Blogger Apesnake said...

Good question.

I will answer this in a post form because... well, I will it to be so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



 


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.