Saturday, May 07, 2005

Kansas Beating a Dead Horse and Cloning It and Beating It To Death Again.

I am not sure who Pitch.com is or what its editorial leanings are but they have done their homework on the Kansas Kangaroo court. It is too bad to hear that creationists have completely won complete control of Turkey (if they can call what they have done a victory).

There are many interesting bits in this article but I have two favorites:

"Great! Congratulations! I mean, that is the point, once people start to see science more objectively."
You will need to read the forgoing in the context of the article to see why it is of interest.

"We are not going to give up until the standards say what we want them to say," Martin told the paper. "Evolution has been proven false. ID is science-based and strong in facts."
Lovely. This whole spectacle will result in one interesting consequence. It will make many young people realize that powerful elements in Christianity, indeed in religion as a whole have been issuing an ultimatum lately - You can have faith in God or evolution, not both. The Christians and Muslims who are manufacturing this dichotomy seem to be very confident that everyone will choose faith; that those who consider themselves Good Christians and Muslims and who believe in evolution will choose their faith over what is "just a theory". Place your bets ladies and gentlemen, the future viability of the faiths is at stake. Winner take all.

Similar wager-ultimatums are being issued over homosexuality, abortion, stem cells, euthanasia, that nasty old rock and roll music. High stakes indeed. It seems that some have decided to steer the religion towards the end. If they get their way, either this world will become a Godly kingdom forever more or it will be the last century of their faiths. It is strange that it is 'people of faithful' themselves who are responsible for this 'put up or shut up' mentality. Meanwhile, the rest of the religious world has to sit back and pray that these people know what they are doing while atheists pray that they don't.

2 Comments:

At Sat May 07, 11:09:00 PM 2005, Blogger Robert said...

For the sake of “word economy”, I’ll respond to this and the previous post with the same disgust. Is it any wonder why I can’t call myself a Christian? I’m loath to be lumped in with mindless religionists.

I’ve recently been engaged in a fruitless debate at the “enlightened caveman” blog. I wonder if you consider, as most intelligent people do, any “belief” in extra-natural phenomena to be patently foolish. I’m not one of the brighter “internet guys”, but I do the best that I can.

 
At Mon May 09, 01:19:00 AM 2005, Blogger Apesnake said...

If it is any consolation I doubt that Jesus would be happy being lumped in with Christians either.

I was going to answer this question tonight but ultimate questions of ontology and epistemology require more verbosity to answer than normal so I will need to leave you in suspense.

I can't believe I just used "ontology" "epistemology" and "verbosity" in the same sentence (twice). I should just make a tin-foil hat and chant "Yable-Deeble-Dahp" until the mother ship arrives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



 


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.