Monday, June 20, 2005

Science is Fun!

I just bet that this is going to become one of the most cited and linked to stories on the Internet pretty soon.

The last bit is kind of hurtful though:

The team has already done a similar study involving 11 men, which revealed far
less deactivation during orgasm than in women. However, Holstege says the
results are probably unreliable and need to be repeated. The problem is that PET
scanners measure activity over two minutes - and in men it is all over in a few
seconds
.

Let's not get personal - [sniff]

4 Comments:

At Mon Jun 20, 11:42:00 PM 2005, Blogger Robert said...

I’ll wager that the reason for more neural activity during a faux orgasm is attributable to the fact that women have extra practice in that regard…but not in my case of course, as I’m sure my lovely ex-wife never had to fake it. She also never lied or cheated or channeled Satan either. Alright, I’m lying.

 
At Tue Jun 21, 12:41:00 PM 2005, Blogger Apesnake said...

I don't really care if women are faking but I would love to give them a "PET scan" all the same. But then in science things are not always as interesting as they sound. If they were I would be very wary of taking any medication that was described as a COX inhibitor.

 
At Mon Jun 27, 03:29:00 PM 2005, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

I like that movie line about faux orgasm, "I'll have what she's having" (Harry Met Sally).

As far as being done in seconds,,,
Is that like the fastest gun slinger in the West line, "Wanna' see it again"? (lol)

 
At Tue Jun 28, 05:40:00 PM 2005, Blogger Apesnake said...

Advise for nubbie gun slingers:

Watch out for powder burns and keep the mussel flash away from your eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



 


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.