What is Wrong With This Exactly?
Here is an interesting device. It is a kind of trap for rapists. It is worn like a hollow tampon but when a rapist tries to violate the woman he finds that the contraption is attached to his willie with barbed hooks. It requires a doctor to remove it surgically (the device not the willie) but it means that little time is spent by police tracking him down.
But anti rape activists are against it.
"This is a medieval instrument, based on male-hating notions and fundamentally misunderstands the nature of rape and violence against women in this society," said Charlene Smith, one of South Africa's most prominent campaigners against rape.No, I would say that this is based on a perfect understanding of the nature of rape and as for being male-hating, Given that I am a male and I don't rape, I don't see how it is hateful to me at all. As for innocent guys worrying about being caught accidentally, I have one word: foreplay. Plus this would not even need to be used extensively. One or two instances hit the paper and I will bet that rape rates in South Africa drop dramatically.I do not see why a rapist needs to be spared a little pain and discomfort given what he is doing and since many rapes are perpetrated by a few rapists, this one unhappy night for a few violators could spare large numbers of women of this crime. Not to mention the reduction in AIDS and STD transmissions and unwanted pregnancies.As far as I can tell this device is a legitimate form of self defense and one hell of a future deterrent.
- Aetiology - a great biology site dealing with diseases, causes, origins evolution.
- Biology News
- Living the Scientific Life.
- National Geographic News
- New Scientist
- The Panda's Thumb - pro-evolution and anti-creationism/I.D. information, articles and arguments
- ScienceBlogs - just what it says.
- Science Daily
- Android World
- Better Humans - because the current versions are kind of half-assed
- Eurekalert - lots of science and technology news
- HowStuffWorks - shows how stuff works
- Kurzweil AI - futurist, inventor, a nutbar with vision. This site has many interesting articles and news links
- Sci-Tech Today - technology, discovery & innovation
- Wired News
News, Events and Opinion
- BBC News
- China Digital News
- The Economist - news from economically educated, libertarian types
- Good News from the Front
- Regime Change Iran - real news about the Islamic Republic Of Iran.
- Reuters News
Fun, BLASPHEMY and Other Stuff
- Americans United for the Separation of Church and State
- Baby got book
- The Frown - funny cartoons
- Homestar Runner - funny cartoons
- Internet Infidels News Wire
- Jesus Dressup - evil fun
- Jesus never existed.
- Landover Baptist - "Where the Worthwhile Worship"
- Normal Bob Smith - atheist humour, art and hate-mail from "spiritual" people
- "Why I Don't Buy the Resurrection."
- "Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus."
Sites of Interest.
These sites are ones that either I agree with and support, were cool enough to provide a link to me, are sites that I don't yet know what to make of, do not fit in one of my other catagories or all of the foregoing.
visit and decide for yourself.
- Afghan Warrior
- Babalu Blog - an island on the net without a bearded dictator
- Chrenkoff - unapologetically right wing but he has good news about Iraq and Afghanistan that the media ignores
- Enlightened Living
- Eric's Grumbles Before The Grave
- Free Iraqi - one voice from inside the country that everyone has an opinion about
- The Holocaust History Project - info on Holocaust history and refutes denial claims
- Libertopia - philosophy, politics, religion and everything else…
- Mossback Culture - right wing yet pro evolution. (best of both worlds)
- Nadz Online - she's atheist, Arab-American, funny, intelligent and uses an awesome blog template.
- normblog - The weblog of Norman Geras
- Rantings of a Sandmonkey - a pro U.S. Egyptian blog
- Sunni and the Conspirators
- Sunni's Salon
- Talk Origins (site map) - one of the best sites on the Internet for putting forward the case for evolution and answering its opponents.
- The Unrepentant Individual - libertarian, I agree with 75% of his beliefs (margin of error 25%)
- World Changing - positive news about improving the world.
- The Y Files - feminism which some feminists consider anti-feminist.
- Advanced Google
- Organic Chemistry - Virtual Textbook
- SpellCheck.net - web based spell checker with links to other cool tools.
- WhatIsMyIP - because you can never find it when you need it.
- Wikipedia - a great tool for learning but not for referencing
Day By Day© by Chris Muir.