Saturday, July 02, 2005

What is Wrong With This Exactly?

Here is an interesting device. It is a kind of trap for rapists. It is worn like a hollow tampon but when a rapist tries to violate the woman he finds that the contraption is attached to his willie with barbed hooks. It requires a doctor to remove it surgically (the device not the willie) but it means that little time is spent by police tracking him down.

But anti rape activists are against it.


"This is a medieval instrument, based on male-hating notions and fundamentally misunderstands the nature of rape and violence against women in this society," said Charlene Smith, one of South Africa's most prominent campaigners against rape.


No, I would say that this is based on a perfect understanding of the nature of rape and as for being male-hating, Given that I am a male and I don't rape, I don't see how it is hateful to me at all. As for innocent guys worrying about being caught accidentally, I have one word: foreplay. Plus this would not even need to be used extensively. One or two instances hit the paper and I will bet that rape rates in South Africa drop dramatically.

I do not see why a rapist needs to be spared a little pain and discomfort given what he is doing and since many rapes are perpetrated by a few rapists, this one unhappy night for a few violators could spare large numbers of women of this crime. Not to mention the reduction in AIDS and STD transmissions and unwanted pregnancies.

As far as I can tell this device is a legitimate form of self defense and one hell of a future deterrent.

2 Comments:

At Sat Jul 02, 05:06:00 PM 2005, Blogger Robert said...

This device is ingenious! Rapists are poison in the gene pool, you know...like child molesters and tele-evangelists.

BTW, have you seen a photo of it? Just looking at the rape trap is a sufficient deterrent. Ouch!!!

 
At Tue Jul 05, 01:51:00 AM 2005, Blogger Apesnake said...

When I first saw that photo I nearly jumped out of my skin. I clicked on the link though and it seems that the picture is an artistic image done by a Swedish artist and not the South African rape trap. I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



 


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.