Monday, August 01, 2005

New York Tithing

Do you live in New York city?

If answered yes to any of the preceding questions you might as well join the medical fraud scam Church of Scientology. You are, after all supporting them with your tax dollars so you might as well get the brainwashing that you are entitled to.

You might as well vote for City Councilwoman and Manhattan borough-president candidate Margarita Lopez too because a healthy chunk of that tax money comes back to her campaign fund. Why would you want to support a candidate that you were not going to vote for?

The tax money goes to "detoxification" programs for firefighters (brainwashing, exercise and sauna time) and amounts to about $630, 000 of tax payer "donations". Another wonderful faith-based program.

Local 'politicians' (Notice how there are no derogatory names for politicians? I guess it would be redundant) are not the only ones who are enamored with the program which the firefighters' union and the medical community dismiss.

Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Charles Rangel have both come out in favor of it and Reps. Vito Fossella and Carolyn McCarthy have requested $1.5 million in federal dollars for the New York programs.
Atheists are in the wrong line of work.

But I really should not criticize the involuntary donation of tax dollars to a valueless program to take advantage of traumatized rescue workers in the hope of gaining converts or the fact that it seems to be quite a profitable arrangement for certain politico-types. After all it might reflect poorly on my intellect.

"This is a program that should be funded," Lopez said, adding, "Who are the stupid people who are criticizing it?"
Who do we think we are after all?

5 Comments:

At Mon Aug 01, 10:14:00 PM 2005, Blogger Robert said...

"Who are the stupid people who are criticizing it?"

Damn!...there goes my fragile self-esteem.

 
At Tue Aug 02, 12:10:00 AM 2005, Blogger Apesnake said...

There there. I am sure a session or two of having you engrams purged and detoxification will boost your self-esteem. Everyone is doing it. Go into the sauna. You will come out a new Thean.

You have a check book with you right?

 
At Fri Aug 05, 04:05:00 AM 2005, Blogger maybeso said...

What!?!?! Somebody calling me stupid!?! Again? - heh

I still don't get the whole "paying good government money to a religious organization for so-called secular services." What's a poor zen anarchist to do?

Love your blog.

btw, if I seek those same services and I am not a firedude, will it cost me for my detox therapy sessions? Do they have a do-it-yourself kit? These and other questions keep cropping up.

And if I did, would that make me a Thean zen anarchist? It sounds like I lisp - too much for me. I already have speech impediments.

 
At Sun Aug 07, 11:13:00 PM 2005, Blogger Apesnake said...

There are always higher levels of cleansing to do and "Operating Thean" levels to obtain. After spending thousands of dollars on courses you get to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars until one day they take you on a boat ride and tell you that L.Ron Hubbard was God. That's what I've heard anyway. By the time you have spent all that money and had that much "personal development" you are probably ready to believe that Hubbard had magic fairies living in his spleen.

I think you can get the same detoxification with a tinfoil hat (shiny side out!) and a warm molassess enema but after cleaning up from one of those you might be willing to pay the cash.

My parents thought I was going to have a speech impediment because it was so long before I started to talk. (True story.) The doctor clued them in that I was not talking because all I needed to do was point at things and someone would figure out what I wanted. I got no points for being clever at manipulating people and since the jig was up I had to start learning human words for things. I have resented language ever since. My preschool teachers thought I was raised German because I would say things like "Dat is mine coat." My folks had to explain to them that I was not German, just odd.

Now no one can shut me up, though on rare occasions I have trouble getting my tongue 'round my r's. People always give me a strange look when I tell them that but I understand it is quite common.

 
At Sun Aug 07, 11:32:00 PM 2005, Blogger Apesnake said...

I notice from your sites maybeso, that you are an anarchist and a lawyer which would kind of make being into zen a necessity right? I can't imagine someone being an anarchist lawyer without zen. Like the sound of one hand clapping I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



 


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.