I call foul! Not fair! Out of bounds! Hard cheese! Can't tag the butcher!
I just get done making fun of Pat Robertson and he waits until I am off line, then he goes and says something stupid so I can't blog about it until everyone else has. He did it on purpose I tell you. Bad form.
At least he gives me the opportunity to laugh at Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. You see Pat thinks that since Hugo is so convinced that the U.S. wants to assassinate him, (you take out one insane fool who is in control of oil and now every insane fool who is in control of oil is having delusions of persecution, not to mention delusions of grandeur - sheesh!) the U.S. should just do it and get it over with. He feels it would be cheaper than a war between Venezuela and America, which he seems to believe will be inevitable. Why does Pat believe that America will inevitably invade Venezuela? Why, because Hugo told him they would and Pat seems to think Hugo is a credible source (Pat needs to wear a mask when he mixes up that diet shake powder).
Now as hard as Hugo is trying to become Fidel Castro's new cabana boy by championing the doctrine of Che and El Presidente's worker's paradise to anyone who will listen, it might be seen as just a touch insane for a man who makes his living off of his public image as Pat does to call for the assassination of a leader who, while lacking any democratic tendencies, is filling an elected mandate. Granted Pat's public image is only important among his fans and customers and since they are... well, Pat Robertson fans, it might be a calculated risk. But surely, even many of Pat's overweight, aging, vitamin-gobbling religious shut-ins must have a threshold where they can't believe everything he says. Right? Right?
Ok - For Justice Sunday III - Judicial Armageddon I foresee Hugo Chavez and Pat "The Doctor" Robertson in a ladder match.
- Aetiology - a great biology site dealing with diseases, causes, origins evolution.
- Biology News
- Living the Scientific Life.
- National Geographic News
- New Scientist
- The Panda's Thumb - pro-evolution and anti-creationism/I.D. information, articles and arguments
- ScienceBlogs - just what it says.
- Science Daily
- Android World
- Better Humans - because the current versions are kind of half-assed
- Eurekalert - lots of science and technology news
- HowStuffWorks - shows how stuff works
- Kurzweil AI - futurist, inventor, a nutbar with vision. This site has many interesting articles and news links
- Sci-Tech Today - technology, discovery & innovation
- Wired News
News, Events and Opinion
- BBC News
- China Digital News
- The Economist - news from economically educated, libertarian types
- Good News from the Front
- Regime Change Iran - real news about the Islamic Republic Of Iran.
- Reuters News
Fun, BLASPHEMY and Other Stuff
- Americans United for the Separation of Church and State
- Baby got book
- The Frown - funny cartoons
- Homestar Runner - funny cartoons
- Internet Infidels News Wire
- Jesus Dressup - evil fun
- Jesus never existed.
- Landover Baptist - "Where the Worthwhile Worship"
- Normal Bob Smith - atheist humour, art and hate-mail from "spiritual" people
- "Why I Don't Buy the Resurrection."
- "Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus."
Sites of Interest.
These sites are ones that either I agree with and support, were cool enough to provide a link to me, are sites that I don't yet know what to make of, do not fit in one of my other catagories or all of the foregoing.
visit and decide for yourself.
- Afghan Warrior
- Babalu Blog - an island on the net without a bearded dictator
- Chrenkoff - unapologetically right wing but he has good news about Iraq and Afghanistan that the media ignores
- Enlightened Living
- Eric's Grumbles Before The Grave
- Free Iraqi - one voice from inside the country that everyone has an opinion about
- The Holocaust History Project - info on Holocaust history and refutes denial claims
- Libertopia - philosophy, politics, religion and everything else…
- Mossback Culture - right wing yet pro evolution. (best of both worlds)
- Nadz Online - she's atheist, Arab-American, funny, intelligent and uses an awesome blog template.
- normblog - The weblog of Norman Geras
- Rantings of a Sandmonkey - a pro U.S. Egyptian blog
- Sunni and the Conspirators
- Sunni's Salon
- Talk Origins (site map) - one of the best sites on the Internet for putting forward the case for evolution and answering its opponents.
- The Unrepentant Individual - libertarian, I agree with 75% of his beliefs (margin of error 25%)
- World Changing - positive news about improving the world.
- The Y Files - feminism which some feminists consider anti-feminist.
- Advanced Google
- Organic Chemistry - Virtual Textbook
- SpellCheck.net - web based spell checker with links to other cool tools.
- WhatIsMyIP - because you can never find it when you need it.
- Wikipedia - a great tool for learning but not for referencing
Day By Day© by Chris Muir.