Saturday, October 15, 2005

Jean Ziegler Hard at Work Again.

Remember this Jean Ziegler guy? (The separate archived story does not currently display so here is the archive page itself and the story I am trying to link to is the top one.) He is the U.N.'s Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food. His job is to basically ignore all the dictators, autocrats, militant Marxist rebel groups and such who are actually causing hunger in the world today. Another of his tasks is to ignore the starving masses who these villains have victimized. But the main task on his job description is to dream up ways to blame the US and Israel for hunger in the world today.

He is at it again. I do not know which is more pathetic, the fact that the UN still employs this man (for lack of a more descriptive term) or that the BBC never includes any information about who this nutbar really is when they air his "pronouncements". I never thought I'd say this about anyone but... the UN may actually deserve John Bolton. I wonder if we can parachute him in to the BBC offices for awhile.

Given that everything Jean Ziegler says is horse-shit, maybe I am going to wait until someone provides a touch of evidence before I buy in to the Americans-are-gleefully-starving-innocent -Iraqis story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.