Smurfs Star in Anti-American Propaganda
So it seems that Europe and the UN have been looking something despicable to work on and since the only UN agency that has not thrown it's credibility away by running interference for oligarchs and human rights abusers is UNICEF, it makes sense that they would get involved.
Now we all know smurfs are evil. Just look at those little white klan hoods. But the evil need to get their side out too. So they combined with the anti-war crowd under the veneer of UNICEF to portray a smurf village being bombed from the air. Now the overt message was that children should not be affected by war and to their credit, Belgian TV aired it on an adult channel after 9:00 pm. Some few children did accidentally see it and responded by "wailing in terror" but a few traumatized kids is a small price to pay to get your message out right? A nice unobjectionable message that war harms kids. Who could object right?
Well with the smurfs, as with the UN nothing is ever quite as it seems. The "war" that the smurfs (supposedly civilians) are subjected to is an aerial bombardment. Since the only nation that has been recently and conspicuously using an air force is the United States, it is hard to notice that another message is being sent. Most wars that are causing real damage to children on the planet are small scale intra-state civil conflicts or guerilla wars. Yet the smurfs were attacked not by the paramilitary government backed religious police like in Iran or the tribal guerrillas like in the Congo jungle or by Marxist Nepalese rebels with machine guns. They were not blown up by al-Qaida funded car bombers and they did not watch their parents dragged off in the night by Baathist thugs or gassed by Saddam's forces. The Belgians are claiming that the smurfs were bombed by the U.S.A.
Lets assume that George Bush is Gargamel and this attack did happen (Blair would be Azrael?). The still picture which accompanies the article makes it look like the animation is depicting a carpet bombing of an innocent village. Am I the only one who remembers that the U.S. has smart weapons and has even retrofitted old fashioned bombs to function as precision guided weapons? If these mushroom houses were targeted there is no doubt that they were believed to be of military importance. Why is it that as soon as the smurfs move in to an area, the Care-Bears start disappearing?
Stop the smurfs and their evil propaganda!
- Aetiology - a great biology site dealing with diseases, causes, origins evolution.
- Biology News
- Living the Scientific Life.
- National Geographic News
- New Scientist
- The Panda's Thumb - pro-evolution and anti-creationism/I.D. information, articles and arguments
- ScienceBlogs - just what it says.
- Science Daily
- Android World
- Better Humans - because the current versions are kind of half-assed
- Eurekalert - lots of science and technology news
- HowStuffWorks - shows how stuff works
- Kurzweil AI - futurist, inventor, a nutbar with vision. This site has many interesting articles and news links
- Sci-Tech Today - technology, discovery & innovation
- Wired News
News, Events and Opinion
- BBC News
- China Digital News
- The Economist - news from economically educated, libertarian types
- Good News from the Front
- Regime Change Iran - real news about the Islamic Republic Of Iran.
- Reuters News
Fun, BLASPHEMY and Other Stuff
- Americans United for the Separation of Church and State
- Baby got book
- The Frown - funny cartoons
- Homestar Runner - funny cartoons
- Internet Infidels News Wire
- Jesus Dressup - evil fun
- Jesus never existed.
- Landover Baptist - "Where the Worthwhile Worship"
- Normal Bob Smith - atheist humour, art and hate-mail from "spiritual" people
- "Why I Don't Buy the Resurrection."
- "Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus."
Sites of Interest.
These sites are ones that either I agree with and support, were cool enough to provide a link to me, are sites that I don't yet know what to make of, do not fit in one of my other catagories or all of the foregoing.
visit and decide for yourself.
- Afghan Warrior
- Babalu Blog - an island on the net without a bearded dictator
- Chrenkoff - unapologetically right wing but he has good news about Iraq and Afghanistan that the media ignores
- Enlightened Living
- Eric's Grumbles Before The Grave
- Free Iraqi - one voice from inside the country that everyone has an opinion about
- The Holocaust History Project - info on Holocaust history and refutes denial claims
- Libertopia - philosophy, politics, religion and everything else…
- Mossback Culture - right wing yet pro evolution. (best of both worlds)
- Nadz Online - she's atheist, Arab-American, funny, intelligent and uses an awesome blog template.
- normblog - The weblog of Norman Geras
- Rantings of a Sandmonkey - a pro U.S. Egyptian blog
- Sunni and the Conspirators
- Sunni's Salon
- Talk Origins (site map) - one of the best sites on the Internet for putting forward the case for evolution and answering its opponents.
- The Unrepentant Individual - libertarian, I agree with 75% of his beliefs (margin of error 25%)
- World Changing - positive news about improving the world.
- The Y Files - feminism which some feminists consider anti-feminist.
- Advanced Google
- Organic Chemistry - Virtual Textbook
- SpellCheck.net - web based spell checker with links to other cool tools.
- WhatIsMyIP - because you can never find it when you need it.
- Wikipedia - a great tool for learning but not for referencing
Day By Day© by Chris Muir.