Hugo is All Heart.
Hugo Chavez is going to bring relief to the poor people of Massachusetts in the form of heating oil which will be provided to them at 40% below market value.
What a guy. The fact that Mass. is already 2/3 socialist seems to give him the idea that he can buy a people's revolution in the state. Ok, so it is more just a desire to make Bush look bad but the tactic is the same. He is being aided by the local democratic congressman William Delahunt who feels that this is in no way politically motivated. He must be a real genius.
Let's take a quick look at the country where "Hugo Chavez's oil" comes from. In 2004 it's consumer inflation rate was estimated at 22.4%. In the same year Venezuela had an unemployment rate of 17.1%. In 1998 she had 47% of her population below the poverty line. In 2004 the government was spending billions more in expenditures than was being taken in for revenue. The economy of Venezuela was pulled out of recession only by high oil prices and most of the economy is dependent on resources (strange, given his anti-free trade stance).
Hugo has valiantly ignored the poverty in his own country to help the poor in America for absolutely no political reason. He will fail of course. If Massachusetts has a people's uprising, all of the money will run south and America will be rid of a major source of left-wing lunacy in the Congress and Senate. My only worry is that Massachusetts will aim that Big Dig north and ask to join Canada. Just what we need.
- Aetiology - a great biology site dealing with diseases, causes, origins evolution.
- Biology News
- Living the Scientific Life.
- National Geographic News
- New Scientist
- The Panda's Thumb - pro-evolution and anti-creationism/I.D. information, articles and arguments
- ScienceBlogs - just what it says.
- Science Daily
- Android World
- Better Humans - because the current versions are kind of half-assed
- Eurekalert - lots of science and technology news
- HowStuffWorks - shows how stuff works
- Kurzweil AI - futurist, inventor, a nutbar with vision. This site has many interesting articles and news links
- Sci-Tech Today - technology, discovery & innovation
- Wired News
News, Events and Opinion
- BBC News
- China Digital News
- The Economist - news from economically educated, libertarian types
- Good News from the Front
- Regime Change Iran - real news about the Islamic Republic Of Iran.
- Reuters News
Fun, BLASPHEMY and Other Stuff
- Americans United for the Separation of Church and State
- Baby got book
- The Frown - funny cartoons
- Homestar Runner - funny cartoons
- Internet Infidels News Wire
- Jesus Dressup - evil fun
- Jesus never existed.
- Landover Baptist - "Where the Worthwhile Worship"
- Normal Bob Smith - atheist humour, art and hate-mail from "spiritual" people
- "Why I Don't Buy the Resurrection."
- "Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus."
Sites of Interest.
These sites are ones that either I agree with and support, were cool enough to provide a link to me, are sites that I don't yet know what to make of, do not fit in one of my other catagories or all of the foregoing.
visit and decide for yourself.
- Afghan Warrior
- Babalu Blog - an island on the net without a bearded dictator
- Chrenkoff - unapologetically right wing but he has good news about Iraq and Afghanistan that the media ignores
- Enlightened Living
- Eric's Grumbles Before The Grave
- Free Iraqi - one voice from inside the country that everyone has an opinion about
- The Holocaust History Project - info on Holocaust history and refutes denial claims
- Libertopia - philosophy, politics, religion and everything else…
- Mossback Culture - right wing yet pro evolution. (best of both worlds)
- Nadz Online - she's atheist, Arab-American, funny, intelligent and uses an awesome blog template.
- normblog - The weblog of Norman Geras
- Rantings of a Sandmonkey - a pro U.S. Egyptian blog
- Sunni and the Conspirators
- Sunni's Salon
- Talk Origins (site map) - one of the best sites on the Internet for putting forward the case for evolution and answering its opponents.
- The Unrepentant Individual - libertarian, I agree with 75% of his beliefs (margin of error 25%)
- World Changing - positive news about improving the world.
- The Y Files - feminism which some feminists consider anti-feminist.
- Advanced Google
- Organic Chemistry - Virtual Textbook
- SpellCheck.net - web based spell checker with links to other cool tools.
- WhatIsMyIP - because you can never find it when you need it.
- Wikipedia - a great tool for learning but not for referencing
Day By Day© by Chris Muir.