Political prisoners in Iran, including some who have been held for years are disappearing according to their families and other prisoners. Classy. Don't worry, Kofi Annan is sure to say something any day now. Even Amnesty International, while not using words like "gulag" is being critical of the regime.Speaking of Kofi's world, the United Nitwits have again accused the US of torture and such at Guantanamo Bay after refusing to even go there. They refused because the American military would not let them interview individual prisoners. Since the word of terrorists who have, for the record, been instructed to lie about torture if captured is all that really matters, they would rather not be mislead as to the conditions of these prisoners by actually going there and seeing the place. Again - classy.And the media got some new photos of Abu Ghraib abuses and are running the story as if it happened yesterday. I suppose that making up news can be tiring and sometimes you just need to air reruns.Saddam is going on a hunger strike. I don't know what is more humorous: the fact that he thinks he has the moral fiber to actually starve himself, the idea that he might actually succeed in giving himself the long drawn out death he actually deserves but no one wants to be responsible for, or the idea that he believes anyone of any worth cares if he dies a slow painful death. If anyone really wants to feel sympathy over someone who was on a hunger strike, try ignoring the self important gas bag and read this guy's story. While he has ended his hunger strike now the photo shows that he went further than most could to stand up to Hugo Chavez's lover. Guillermo Fariñas Hernández is an independent journalist who was starving himself for Internet access. Western Journalists and editors seemed unimpressed.
- Aetiology - a great biology site dealing with diseases, causes, origins evolution.
- Biology News
- Living the Scientific Life.
- National Geographic News
- New Scientist
- The Panda's Thumb - pro-evolution and anti-creationism/I.D. information, articles and arguments
- ScienceBlogs - just what it says.
- Science Daily
- Android World
- Better Humans - because the current versions are kind of half-assed
- Eurekalert - lots of science and technology news
- HowStuffWorks - shows how stuff works
- Kurzweil AI - futurist, inventor, a nutbar with vision. This site has many interesting articles and news links
- Sci-Tech Today - technology, discovery & innovation
- Wired News
News, Events and Opinion
- BBC News
- China Digital News
- The Economist - news from economically educated, libertarian types
- Good News from the Front
- Regime Change Iran - real news about the Islamic Republic Of Iran.
- Reuters News
Fun, BLASPHEMY and Other Stuff
- Americans United for the Separation of Church and State
- Baby got book
- The Frown - funny cartoons
- Homestar Runner - funny cartoons
- Internet Infidels News Wire
- Jesus Dressup - evil fun
- Jesus never existed.
- Landover Baptist - "Where the Worthwhile Worship"
- Normal Bob Smith - atheist humour, art and hate-mail from "spiritual" people
- "Why I Don't Buy the Resurrection."
- "Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus."
Sites of Interest.
These sites are ones that either I agree with and support, were cool enough to provide a link to me, are sites that I don't yet know what to make of, do not fit in one of my other catagories or all of the foregoing.
visit and decide for yourself.
- Afghan Warrior
- Babalu Blog - an island on the net without a bearded dictator
- Chrenkoff - unapologetically right wing but he has good news about Iraq and Afghanistan that the media ignores
- Enlightened Living
- Eric's Grumbles Before The Grave
- Free Iraqi - one voice from inside the country that everyone has an opinion about
- The Holocaust History Project - info on Holocaust history and refutes denial claims
- Libertopia - philosophy, politics, religion and everything else…
- Mossback Culture - right wing yet pro evolution. (best of both worlds)
- Nadz Online - she's atheist, Arab-American, funny, intelligent and uses an awesome blog template.
- normblog - The weblog of Norman Geras
- Rantings of a Sandmonkey - a pro U.S. Egyptian blog
- Sunni and the Conspirators
- Sunni's Salon
- Talk Origins (site map) - one of the best sites on the Internet for putting forward the case for evolution and answering its opponents.
- The Unrepentant Individual - libertarian, I agree with 75% of his beliefs (margin of error 25%)
- World Changing - positive news about improving the world.
- The Y Files - feminism which some feminists consider anti-feminist.
- Advanced Google
- Organic Chemistry - Virtual Textbook
- SpellCheck.net - web based spell checker with links to other cool tools.
- WhatIsMyIP - because you can never find it when you need it.
- Wikipedia - a great tool for learning but not for referencing
Day By Day© by Chris Muir.